LETTERS TO SANTA
WRITE A LETTER!
Next steps for your Santa's letter through Santa's Knights!
Santa's Knights is receiving an unprecedented number of letters online this year and so we have to try and automate the Santa's letters process as much as possible! Thus, there is a new process this year that we'll have to ask you to accomplish for us!
Please follow these steps to get your letter(s) into our online Santa's letters program this year:
1) Please go to this link
2) Click on "New Letter to Santa!"
3) Log in to your account on Santa's Knights or create a new one
4) Look at this link as an example of what your post should look like when completed
5) In "Give this post a title" please write in this format your city and state: City, State (please abbreviate the state, e.g. "NY")
6) In "Write your post here" please post the URL to an Amazon Wishlist that you created (you can see this link for help on how to create an Amazon Wishlist on Amazon)
7) Please write a hand-written, physical letter to Santa and take a picture of it with your phone/camera (please do NOT include your, or your child's, last name or mailing address in your physical letter or online post!)
8) It's best to keep your request to $20-50 in total value of gifts per child/person, for a better chance of matching with a donor, though we will try our best to match you no matter what your request is!
9) If you're the parent/guardian/adult, you're welcome to use this page to ask for gifts for your family. If you are a child, please make sure that you get permission from your parent(s)/guardians first before sending us your request(s), as even Santa has to respect the laws and regulations and wishes of all homes and people! Moreover, for you to create the necessary Amazon Wishlist, Amazon's terms of service state that anyone under the age of 18 can only use their service with "the involvement of a parent or guardian."
10) In "Write your post here" click the camera icon ("Add an image") and upload the picture of your physical letter to Santa into the post, right under your Amazon Wishlist URL link
11) "Click "Publish"
With this new, more automated, system, your letter will get posted on our site instantly and when someone gets you a gift from your Amazon Wishlist it will get sent directly to your home.
We can't guarantee your gift requests will get adopted by someone, but we will try everything we can to try and make that happen and help bring you and your family some more cheer this holiday season!
We look forward to being on this magical journey with you again this season!
Happy Holidays from Santa's Knights!
ADOPT A LETTER
Next steps to adopt a Santa's letter through Santa's Knights!
Thank you so much for choosing to adopt a letter/letters through Santa's Knights this year! Santa's Knights is receiving an unprecedented number of letters online this year and so we have to try and automate the Santa's letters process as much as possible! Adopting a letter is now easier and more automated than ever before! You are also welcome to donate to our mission through PayPal Giving Fund at this link.
Here are the steps to adopt any amount of letters that you'd like:
For letters with Amazon Wishlists:
1) Go to this link to see the letters with Amazon Wishlists from across the US
2) After you've found the letter that you'd like to adopt, please click on the Amazon Wishlist posted in the forum post, and purchase the gifts from their Amazon Wishlist (that you feel comfortable purchasing). Please do not feel pressured to spend more than $20-$50 per letter/gift that you adopt! It's up to you! Those gifts will get sent directly to the children/families/adults that wrote the Amazon Wishlist! Thank you!
3) Please then log in to your Santa's Knights account (or create an account - as easy as one-click if you're logged into Facebook) and then post on that forum post "Adopted" as a comment. Please click on this link as an example. We won't know that the letter was adopted unless you write on that forum post, "Adopted"! Once some of the gifts are purchased on an Amazon Wishlist, we consider that letter complete, whether you purchased just one gift on the list or all of them
Alternatively, for letters without Amazon Wishlists:
4) If instead of an Amazon Wishlist, you'd like to choose unique gifts yourself, we have letters from children that wrote us letters from two low-income housing projects/community centers that Santa's Knights' free martial arts and fitness program serves in Harlem, NYC. Please look below at the photo gallery (to the bottom-right) for these letters. To mark these letters as adopted, once you've chosen the letter(s) that you'd like, please log into your Santa's Knights account (or create an account - as easy as one-click if you're logged into Facebook) and comment on the photo in the gallery, "Adopted". Please then mail the gift(s) to: Santa's Knights, 320 Manhattan Avenue, #35, New York, NY 10026. We will then process them, when we receive them, and get them to the children/families at our annual holiday event in mid-December!
This is a new (more automated) process this year, and we will continue along the path of becoming more automated every year, to make this more accessible to more families every year, going forward. Thank you for being part of this magical journey with us this year, and hopefully for many more years into the future! Thank you and Happy Holidays from Santa's Knights!